Are home fungicides toxic?

Fungicides are a mixture of chemicals with the main purpose to kill fungi and mold found on surfaces. As they contain toxic components, most are harmful to humans, plants, animals and even the environment. Among the most common fungicides you can find agricultural sprays, which are sprayed in trees, crops and plants. Wind or rain can carry these chemicals, potentially contaminating drinking, irrigation and ground water sources. On the other hand, the most common domestic use of fungicides is in kitchens and bathrooms, where they have direct contact with human skin.

The main concern of this is that many of them contain corrosive chemicals such as chlorine, paradichlorobenzene (a chemical that has been shown to damage the nervous and respiratory systems) or phenol (a compound known to be highly carcinogenic). Their handling and use must be done with extreme caution to prevent side effects such as chronic skin diseases, contact dermatitis, visual disturbances, pulmonary oedema, aggravation of asthma, physiological damage, dizziness, diarrhoea or convulsions.

That’s why it’s so important to choose wisely and find a permanent way to eliminate this problem at its root, that at the same time is ecofriendly, safe for you, your family, your pets and the environment. Imagine smart solutions, all kinds of materials with biotechnology, that are cleaning themselves constantly, eliminating viruses, bacteria, fungal spores/mold, dust mites, termites and more. @Copptech solutions are like this, we go the extra mile #makingthebestevenbetter